Mattress cleaning service provides us with a healthy environment. When we regularly replace our linen, wash our curtains and carpet, clean our sofa and armchairs, we remove not only the visible dirt but also the millions of harmful microorganisms, also known as mites. Called home or dust, they penetrate all modern homes and live in bedding, carpets, and mattresses. If you feel you need a thorough home cleaning, consult a hygienist.
People think that as long as you cover the mattress with a sheet or bedding, it is enough to wash only them.
However, the truth is that an average mattress contains from 10 thousand to 10 million acres, which feed on particles of dead human skin and remove moisture from the body. These harmful microorganisms cause allergies, asthma and lung diseases. Also, the mattress retains bacteria, viruses, fungal spores, moisture, dust, allergens. Therefore, cleaning is essential and very healthy.
What do we need to do to clean the mattress?
With soda, it is natural and harmless to clean the dirt.
Here’s how to remove all harmful microorganisms:
- Put the sheets and bedding on your bed in the washing machine and wash them at a higher temperature.
- Pour a cup of baking soda into a small jar and add a few drops of lavender essential oil. You can also use oil with a different scent, but lavender is preferable because it repels any parasites, even mosquitoes and moths.
- Then close the jar and shake it tightly as a shaker. This will mix the soda and the essential oil.
- Take a sizeable fine filter and pour enough of the mixture into the jar.
- Slide the strainer on the mattress by tapping it with your finger so that it is sprinkled all over the mixture. Leave it for at least one hour. This time is necessary for the soda to absorb moisture, dirt and odors from the mattress.
- Then, with a vacuum cleaner, thoroughly clean the mixture and any dirt that it has absorbed.
Ready! Your mattress is cleaner and fresher now!
Test this trick and see if it works. Apply it once every two months or so, and the bed will be even more delightful than ever.
When it comes to cleaning a mattress, the question is not only how to properly treat unpleasant spots and dirt, but also how to keep our beds in good condition.
Some simple rules help us enjoy a clean and comfortable mattress longer.
It is essential to ventilate the mattress at least once a year. Best at low temperatures (cold weather) and then left standing for up to 30 minutes at room temperature.
Don’t underestimate Mites which are the most common pollutants. Small arachnids are generally not dangerous, but their faces cause allergies and skin irritation in many people. Therefore, you have to ventilate the mattresses to chase away heat-loving mites.
Do not underestimate machine washing.
There are times when home cleaning does not help. Then it is good to turn to professionals. The cleaning of the mattresses varies between 20 and 60 BGN depending on the size of the bed and its degree of pollution. The investment is worth it because good hygiene for mattresses is at the heart of their longer life.
If you are unable to handle your mattress cleaning yourself and are looking for a professional mattress cleaning service, we at Crystal Carpеt Cleaners recommend that you contact us. Our professionals are on hand, ready to handle any dirt and problems.